The Mediceutical Association
The Mediceutical Association was established to help consumers find trusted, safe, and effective sources of nutritional products. With the myriad of options, knowing what products and which companies to trust can be difficult. The Mediceutical Association provides guidelines for both manufacturers and consumers, creating a reference when manufacturing products and when choosing products for personal use. A consumer can be assured the product is founded on real science and actually contains the ingredients on the label when these guidelines are followed.
As an association, our call is for manufacturers and consumers to adopt a new standard. A standard that empowers the safe and responsible manufacturing, marketing, and use of supplements. We call that standard a Mediceutical.
Unlike other dietary supplements, A Mediceutical is a product that voluntary adheres to the following criteria.
- Formulated to support a specific health condition or situation
- Contains only pharmaceutical-grade ingredients that are Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS)
- Contains elements that have been validated by clinical research for the specific health condition or situation, as published in peer-reviewed journals
- Conforms to pharmaceutical-grade dosage standards for the specific health condition or situation
- Is produced in FDA-compliant manufacturing facilities using pharmaceutical-grade manufacturing practices
- Certificate of Analysis from a third-party made available confirming the product ingredients meet the mediceutical standard
By adhering to the above criteria, consumers can be assured the received product is safe and effective for the specific need or condition requiring support. We encourage companies to adopt the above standards and consumers to promote the standards for improved safety and efficacy in using supplements.